Setting up a project in IntelliJ/PyCharm pointing to code located on WSL (Ubuntu) for debugging purposes

Original Slack Thread

Hi,

I have wsl (ubuntu) installed on my machine, and I am trying to set up the source code in local IDE (IntelliJ/PyCharm). I have already tried setting up w/ a copy of source code located on the windows path, and debugging works fine. But if I try setting up and running entrypoints.py with code located in wsl (virtual path), I get the below error. Is there any possible way to set up the project in IDE pointing to code located on wsl? Or is it always gonna have to be a combo of Ubuntu and Windows (all building done on Ubuntu, and for debugging purposes, have copy of source code in Windows)?

File "C:\Users\A266962\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "C:\Users\A266962\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "\\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\asaniya\code\datahub-master\metadata-ingestion\src\datahub\__main__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from datahub.entrypoints import main
  File "\\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\asaniya\code\datahub-master\metadata-ingestion\src\datahub\entrypoints.py", line 7, in <module>
    import click
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'click'```

Hi - this may not directly related to datahub so we might not have the best answer. <@UV5UEC3LN> could you look into this?

Seems like it’s just running into a module import issue for click, have you tried manually installing that python library?