Exporting and Backing up Domains in DataHub for Maintenance and Recovery

Original Slack Thread

Hi everyone! We are starting to use the Domains (as in users start adding documentation and link data products, assets, etc). I would like to make sure that we do not lose those changes with any type of maintenance or some sort.

Is there a way to export Domains and everything under in JSON like file that could be ingested, if needed? I could not see that capability in the documentation, but maybe I am missing something.

Hey there! :wave: Make sure your message includes the following information if relevant, so we can help more effectively!

1. Which DataHub version are you using? (e.g. 0.12.0)
  2. Please post any relevant error logs on the thread!

Don’t think Datahub’s definitive solution for this. One approach I can think of have datahub RDS and Elasticsearch backups regularly and use them for restoration if something goes wrong

even you may think to bringing up a secondary instance datahub if restoration is not possible with current instance and migrate
https://datahubproject.io/docs/generated/ingestion/sources/datahub/

I am also interested in this feature. In addition to backing up data, I would also like to be able to reuse the same domain model across production and non production environments. Could this be added as an <DataHub CLI | DataHub specific CLI command>?

Would you welcome pull requests in this area?