Understanding and Manipulating `urn:li:query:view_urn:li:dataset` Entities in Datahub v0.13.0

Original Slack Thread

Hi, using the OpenAPI endpoint /openapi/v2/entity/query two types of entities are returned, urn:li:query and urn:li:query:view_urn:li:dataset . My question is about urn:li:query:view_urn:li:dataset. Apparently urn:li:query:view_urn:li:dataset populate at least some of the queries that appear under dataset tables’ Queries tab in the UI. You can’t check for urn:li:query:view_urn:li:datasetexistence with graph.exists() using the python SDK (trying will throw an error), and I can’t find any obvious way these entities are connected to any dataset aspects. What are the urn:li:query:view_urn:li:dataset entities, and is it possible to modify/delete them programmatically or modify them at ingestion time using transformers? Datahub v 0.13.0

Hey there! :wave: Make sure your message includes the following information if relevant, so we can help more effectively!

1. Which DataHub version are you using? (e.g. 0.12.0)
  2. Please post any relevant error logs on the thread!

Can you provide an example urn that fits this urn:li:query:viewurn:urn:li:dataset⁣ format? I’m not familiar and that long of an urn sounds odd. Do you know what you were ingesting from when you produced these urns? cc <@U01GZEETMEZ>