Using platform_instance_map to configure URNs in Tableau ingest

Original Slack Thread

Hi, I am trying to find out more information about the platform_instance_map and lineage_overrides properties in Tableau ingest. We have a Snowflake ingest set up in this way:

type: snowflake
    config:
        account_id: companyname.us-east-1
        platform_instance: companyname_us-east-1```
When Tableau ingest finds upstream tables from Snowflake in Tableau, they imported as:
```urn:li:dataPlatform:snowflake.tableau_bi```
But when ingested by Snowflake ingest, they are imported as:
```urn:li:dataPlatform:snowflake,companyname_us-east-1.tableau_bi```
Can `platform_instance_map` or `lineage_overrides` be used to make these URNs match?

Hey there! :wave: Make sure your message includes the following information if relevant, so we can help more effectively!

1. Are you using UI or CLI for ingestion?
  2. Which DataHub version are you using? (e.g. 0.12.0)
  3. What data source(s) are you integrating with DataHub? (e.g. BigQuery)

Yup! You can create a platform instance map, that maps snowflake⁣ to companyname_us-east-1

<@U04N9PYJBEW> How can we handle this in a situation where we are ingesting from 2 snowflake instances? Is there a way for the plugin to know which instance the dataset came from?

Unfortunately, I don’t believe we can distinguish this at the moment. <@U01GZEETMEZ> can you confirm? I suppose we could take a guess if we look up urns via the datahub graph

Yup the existing platform_instance_map config is a bit primitive, and doesn’t handle cases like this one with 2 snowflake instances