Issue with Deploying Latest Data Hub Helm Charts on Minikube and Potential Version Compatibility Problems

Original Slack Thread

Hello everyone!

When trying to install 2 latest version of data hub helm charts (0.2.182 and 0.2.181) locally on Minikube I get the following error:

Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: failed pre-install: 1 error occurred:
* timed out waiting for the condition

However, I can successfully deploy older version (0.2.180). Does anyone know what could be the issue? I suppose it has something to do with datahub application version. Helm charts 0.2.182 and 0.2.181 have datahub 0.10.5, while 0.2.180 has 0.10.4.

<@UV5UEC3LN> might be able to speak to this!

cc: <@U04UKA5L5LK>

Hey <@U05L4K5NC06>, which schema registry are you using? There is a known issue with internal and glue schema registries in the last two versions of datahub, which could cause this issue.

Can you please confirm that last two versions are v0.10.5 and v.0.11.0 of datahub having internal schema registry issue ?

This comment was made a month ago, so no it would not have been v0.10.5 and v0.11.0. Are you having issues with those versions?

Yes in v0.11.0 deployment is failing when schema is internal but with the kafka deployment is not failing

Have you inspected the pods to see what error is occurring that prevents the deployment?

Ya I have checked no-code migration job is not starting and it is giving context deadline exceeded