Querying MySQL Table and Field Comments for DataHub Integration

Original Slack Thread

Hi Team. I successfully completed the MySQL integration test according to the demo on the official website and allowed it to succeed. However, I found that there is no comment information for the table and fields. I am referring to comments. Can I obtain it? For example, column comments
I am using UI ingestion, version 0.11.5

Hey there! :wave: Make sure your message includes the following information if relevant, so we can help more effectively!

1. Are you using UI or CLI for ingestion?
  2. Which DataHub version are you using? (e.g. 0.12.0)
  3. What data source(s) are you integrating with DataHub? (e.g. BigQuery)

Hey <@U05NA0HK1M2>, yes, the table as well as column comments get ingested into DataHub automatically, after you run the ingestion.

Hi <@U02G4B6ADL6>, thanks, I created a table with annotation information and successfully tested it.
Another question is whether the datahub supports connecting to the cluster and obtaining all the databases and tables inside. For example, connecting to a MySQL cluster, as shown in the screenshot I sent, is directly connected to a certain database

yes, you can remove the line database: test then it will ingest all databases. You can use schema_pattern config to allow/deny specific databases only.

Hi Mayuri, thanks. I have successfully implemented it

Hi <@U02G4B6ADL6> ,morning. At present, I am using Docker for deployment. I have reviewed the official documentation and found that if using K8S, I need to use Helm. However, my network control is relatively strict, so I think it is also feasible to deploy Docker on K8S. So, I would like to ask if there are YML files for deploying K8S using Docker on Git? If so, then I don’t need to write it myself

Hey <@U05NA0HK1M2> I’m not sure about this, could you please check in <#CV2UVAPPG|all-things-deployment> channel ?

Sure,thanks Mayri:thanks_bear:

Hi <@U02G4B6ADL6> , just want ask that datahub not support SAMLSSO, right?

Does the datahub support automatic account creation? Athena can achieve this automatic creation function after integrating SSO