Troubleshooting error when running metadata ingestion utils installation command

Original Slack Thread

Hi all, I am trying to develop on metadata ingestion utils but running the below installDev command throws me an error. Can someone help me out with this?
Command:
../gradlew :metadata-ingestion:installDev
Error:

> Process 'command 'bash'' finished with non-zero exit value 1```

Stacktrace:

org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ':metadata-ingestion:installPackage'.
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.lambda$executeIfValid$3(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:186)
        at org.gradle.internal.Try$Failure.ifSuccessfulOrElse(Try.java:268)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeIfValid(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:184)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:173)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.CleanupStaleOutputsExecuter.execute(CleanupStaleOutputsExecuter.java:109)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.FinalizePropertiesTaskExecuter.execute(FinalizePropertiesTaskExecuter.java:46)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ResolveTaskExecutionModeExecuter.execute(ResolveTaskExecutionModeExecuter.java:62)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.execute(SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.java:57)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.execute(SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.java:56)
        at .........................```

Python: 3.9.6
Java: 11
Gradle: 8.4

<@U05SKM6KGGK> might be able to speak to this!

We would need to see more information to know what’s the error. Here’s the step that is failing: https://github.com/acryldata/datahub/blob/a02a45cba1f4679c8957afc80c2e5879ca203412/metadata-ingestion/build.gradle#L50-L57 which installs several pip packages
Try running gradle again with --stacktrace --debug or executing the pip command manually to see the error
Make sure you also have installed any required dependencies: https://github.com/acryldata/datahub/blob/a02a45cba1f4679c8957afc80c2e5879ca203412/metadata-ingestion/scripts/install_deps.sh