Error while starting datahub-web-react with mock server - Seeking assistance on version compatibility

Original Slack Thread

Hi everyone, when i start the datahub-web-react with the mock server, i got the error blow, what’s the problem? is there anyone who can help ? thank you

Hey there! :wave: Make sure your message includes the following information if relevant, so we can help more effectively!

1. Which DataHub version are you using? (e.g. 0.12.0)
  2. Please post any relevant error logs on the thread!

sorry,where can i check the version in the raw code

Error: Unknown type “UpdateLineageInput”. Did you mean “UpdateNameInput”, “UpdateViewInput”, “LineageInput”, “UpdateEmbedInput”, or “UpdateMediaInput”?

Unknown type “EntityPrivileges”. Did you mean “Privileges”?

Unknown type “EntityPrivileges”. Did you mean “Privileges”?

Unknown type “EntityPrivileges”. Did you mean “Privileges”

hi.the version is:0.10.5

<@U03MF8MU5P0> might be able to speak to this!

<@U03BEML16LB> - This looks like a graphql question, wondering it this mock server is something you’ve used?

hey Bryan! what do you mean when you say mock server? are you changing your proxy to point to a different backend here?

regardless, these errors lead me to believe that your frontend and backend are out of sync. It looks like your backend doesn’t recognize the types from your frontend requests or vice versa

I had the same error and solved it as below (maybe it’s a different situation than what you are trying to do).

• What I was trying to do: create a “datahub-web-react frontend” local PC development environment. I wanted to have only the web on the local PC and other services looking at the dev server.

• Use v0.12.0 for the development server. Use v0.12.0 for the code in local as well.

• Set REACT_APP_PROXY_TARGET in the .env file to datahub-web-react on the development server (=Changed the target of datahub/datahub-web-react/src/setupProxy.js to v0.12.0 source base) and “yarn run start:mock”

• Situation with the same error as your attachment: proceed with REACT_APP_MOCK=true (“yarn run start:mock”)

• Solution: Proceed with REACT_APP_MOCK=false (“yarn run start”)